Saturday, April 25, 2015

Skincare Routine

One of the only reasons I think anyone can get away with the same skincare routine all year round is if you live in a place where the weather never really changes. For the rest of us, our skin definitely has very different needs in the winter than it does in the summer. That’s why it’s actually very important to have two separate skincare regimes! In the winter, your skin tends to get dry very easily, so it’s important to keep it moisturized with heavier creams and lotions. Comparatively, in spring and summer, when the weather gets warmer and the humidity starts to rise, it’s definitely better to opt for a lighter routine.


I have combination skin so I tend to avoid any cleansers or lotions that are specifically geared towards dealing with oily or dry skin. The reason I do this is because I don’t want a skincare routine that only focuses on one aspect of my skin’s needs. Also, I don’t have particularly oily or dry skin anyway so it’s really a mute point. Considering my type of skin and my age (mid twenties), I gravitate towards products that brighten, protect, and prevent signs of ageing.

I tend to use a combination of products from a variety of different companies but if I had an unlimited budget, I would almost exclusively use Fresh skincare products. I love Fresh products because they use natural ingredients and combine them with modern skincare technology to create highly potent products that work incredibly well and if I may say so, smell amazing! 
I am a huge fan of the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, which I first tried as a sample from Sephora a few years ago. It’s so gentle, yet it manages to really do an excellent job cleansing your face. 

A lot of people tend to skip toners, which is too bad since they are a crucial step in any skincare regime. Based on my own skincare needs, I like to use toners that aren’t very astringent (meaning, they won’t dry my skin out too much). My longtime favourite has been the UNT toner Roses At Dawn, which contains soothing Bulgarian rosewater. The toner also contains a serum which is designed to protect your skin from environmental pollutants, so that’s a bonus! 
Now, when it comes to facial creams, you’re absolutely going to want to use two. One for the surface of your face, and the other for your eye area. The reason for this is because our eyes are very sensitive and the skin surround our eyes is generally thinner, with a different set of needs than the rest of your face. Some people use four different creams, one for your eye area in the morning, one for your face in the morning, one for your eyes at night, and another for your face at night. If you have fairly low maintenance skin, you don’t really need to be using that many different products on your face on a daily basis, but as long as you’re using them correctly, it doesn’t really hurt either. 
Anyway, to finish off, I’m just going to talk about eye cream and face cream for daily use during the warmer parts of the year. In summer, I tend to see a lot of gel based products flying off the shelves, although I personally have not had much luck with them. The reason for this is because my skin needs aren’t the kind that a gel based moisturizer is designed to address. If you have particularly oily or acne prone skin however, I would absolutely recommend using a gel based moisturizer somewhere in your skincare routine.
For me, I use…surprise, surprise, Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Concentrate, and Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream With Super 7 Complex. These two products are absolutely amazing and I can honestly say, I can’t imagine even wanting to try anything else because I am just so happy with these two products. The eye cream is great for spring and summer because it offers a cooling effect which really helps with puffiness, while the black tea actually brightens dark circles and visibly tightens the eye area.
The face cream is a really lovely, soft texture with a clean scent (reminds me a bit of cucumber sometimes), that is light enough to not feel heavy, but still potent enough to leave your skin feeling moisturized. It’s packed with antioxidants to help prevent signs of ageing and boost your skin’s radiance!

No comments:

Post a Comment